SolAustralia is one of the longest established fractals of a global sol community (since 2000). Initially drawn together around the concepts of organizational learning espoused by Peter Senge and similar others, the solAustralia network has broadened its initial focus on organization learning to systemic learning and understanding around complex issues. Our vision is both a desire and a belief that sustainable high performance can only occur when there is focus on relationships with people and the world.
Over the years, we have become a network where leading thinkers and doers come to showcase their provocative propositions, introduce the community to new tools and processes (from conversation cafes to the ‘future backwards’ to tapping emotional intelligence) and most importantly, openly share their tools amd processes. We have also spearheaded projects tackling the difficult issues such as:
- How do not for profit organizations who are reliant upon volunteers maintain their relevance and attractiveness in an era of the ageing ‘me’ generation?
- How might the environmental ‘movement’ need to be different to either (a) be viewed as a relatively coherent group of activists and/or (b) potentially shift the current agenda?
In July 2010, solAustralia became a Special Interest Group of the Institute for Information Management Ltd (IIM).
When you join IIM's solA Special Interest Group you:
- meaningfully connect with people from diverse backgrounds, professions and passions who have a common desire to make a real contribution to enduring positive change in the world and,
- join a global community who are open and encouraging, with little pretension and a lot of international street credibility.
Practical benefits include:
- discounts on workshops, and other IIM events. We have relationships with many other organisation learning oriented networks, such as KM & presencing groups and can offer their events to solAustralia members at discount rates
- access to peer reviews of your provocative proposition for learning and change
- case studies and articles of interest (updated regularly on our website)
Organisations can join, too. Through IIM's Corporate membership many organisations, private and public, have learnt the facilitation tools and processes for deep conversation, and the ‘fuzzy' strategic thinking tools for working through muddy or complex issues. We also offer group discounts for solA's sponsored events and workshops.
Joining is easy, simply fill in our Membership Application Form, pay the current membership fee of A$200 - Individual Membership or $60 - Student Membership and you can start to access our membership benefits.